Flaunting your new look following breast augmentation can be tempting and exciting, however, do take note that the breast augmentation recovery period should be a priority as it is as important as the operation itself in order to get your desired results.
Most of the women who undergo breast augmentation are cautious of getting complications following the surgery. If you are one of these women, or if you’re planning to undergo breast augmentation, you also must be wondering as to what process should be in place for a speedy breast augmentation recovery.
In this article, we will help you with the tips for better recovery following your breast augmentation. Also, we will walk you through the benefits of post care after the surgery while using the best breast implants for your aesthetic transformation.
Precautionary Measures After Breast Augmentation
To ensure a safe and speedy recovery, not to mention a more comfortable one, you will need to follow a series of instructions exactly. With that said, expect that your surgeon will provide you advice to help you during breast augmentation recovery. Some of those may include the following:
- Have Assistance Ready. Initial days after the surgery, you may find it challenging and difficult to deal with physical activities, even simple tasks. It will be very helpful to have somebody to assist you with your needs for a fast and smooth recovery. It is also vital to know that the person assisting you knows how to help with the bandages and medication as well as should be available for your other concerns and needs. Besides, your surgeon will provide you with the instructions after your surgery. You can cascade it to your assistant for a better context of what to do.
- Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle. The recovery process is vital. One of the things you can do to ensure a speedy recovery is to live a healthy lifestyle. Your surgeon will probably give you a list of lifestyle changes to follow for better breast augmentation results. The first thing your surgeon will recommend is to quit or avoid smoking as it interferes with your body’s ability to oxygenate its blood supply. It also hinders your body’s healing process and may cause infections and other complications. The second one is to eat right because having the good and right nutrients in your body also helps for a better and fast recovery. Having a healthy diet can also help your body to retain its shape that is suitable for your newfound body.
- Keep Yourself Hydrated. Another thing you need to ensure is that you keep your body hydrated. Probably, your doctor will also advise you to drink plenty of fluids to help eliminate toxins and reduce the feeling of dizziness and muscle fatigue. It is important to note that hydration can help you manage swelling and facilitates the feeling of getting back to yourself more quickly. Besides, water helps move nutrients through the body that includes the wound sites for increased healing.
- Do Not Engage with Vigorous Activities Yet. Just like mentioned, heavy exercising and heavy lifting may not be suitable for about 2 months after your surgery. Breast augmentation incision for the initial weeks of the surgery is very vulnerable. As a precautionary measure, refraining yourself from these activities to avoid rippling or other complications. Your surgeon will recommend you to do a light exercise that includes light walking around the room or home every other hour. Generally, your surgeon will also give you the final signal to resume your usual body conditioning once you completely heal from the surgery.
- Refrain from using Underwired Bras. Following your breast augmentation procedure, your surgeon will advise you to wear a surgical bra to help you with your recovery. Your surgeon will probably not recommend the use of your usual bras or underwire because it increases the chances of swelling and prevents your implants from settling into their place. To help you decide which surgical bra is suitable for you, you can ask your surgeon during your consultation.
- Massage Your Breast Daily. Once your surgeon cleared you to do so, massaging your breast every day can help prevent capsular contracture, a complication in which thickened tissue forms around the breast that makes your breasts appear hard and causes discomfort. It is an essential part of your recovery period as it helps your implants move into place to look soft and natural. Making this a habit for the first three months of your healing process may help aid in your desired results. Many patients decide to keep this in practice for as long as they have their breast implants.
- Put in Mind the Advised Post-Operative Care Routine. The post-operative care advised by your surgeon is essential for maximizing positive results and reducing complications after your surgery. Wearing compression garments, taking your prescribed medications, taking care of your incisions are just some of the themes you can expect in the personalized care routine from your surgeon.
Moreover, having this routine in place can guard you against the possible problems that may arise during your recovery period. You should not only take into consideration your body and incision but also the safety of your breast implants.
One of the vital points to do is to ensure you have the best and the safest implants for your breast surgery. With various breast implant products in the market, you shall opt for implants with lesser implant complications like Motiva® Breast Implants. This implant has less than 1% capsular contracture and no cases of Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma, an immune system-related cancer associated with breast implants. Motiva Implants® also offers a 10 Year Warranty Program called Always Confident Warranty® that covers you from implant rupture and has a Product Replacement Policy for cases of capsular contracture.
To know about the Motiva® Breast Implants high-quality and high-technological features, you can click here to read for more. As for their warranty program details, you can direct here for detailed information.